Here’s everything you need to know about the most followed and popular Formula One (F1) stars on Instagram
Formula One is one of the most followed sports across the globe and it is no surprise that F1 stars have a crazy number of followers on social media. Top F1 stars have several lucrative endorsement deals and sponsorships in their pocket along with a huge fan base across the globe. Let us take a look at the top 10 F1 stars with the most followers on Instagram.
9. Pierre Gasly – Gasly is addicted to social media himself and is famous for liking random posts which gave rise to the meme trend ‘Liked by Pierre Gasly’. The French driver has almost touched the 4 million mark when it comes to followers on Instagram. Gasly is an entertaining character and fans adore him for his amusing nature.
8. George Russell – Russell has over 4 million followers on Instagram. The Mercedes man is considered to be the ‘next big thing’ in Formula One. The British driver has a huge fanbase back home in England and his popularity is growing rapidly across the globe.
7. Fernando Alonso – Alonso is a veteran in the F1 fraternity and has close to 5 million followers on Instagram. Alonso is a two-time Formula One World Champion and is considered a legend of the sport. The Spaniard is currently in the twilight of his career but that has not affected his popularity among fans.
6. Sergio Perez – Perez is one of the most humble F1 stars that you would come across. He is a ‘hero’ back home in Mexico not just for his exploits on the track but also for his philanthropic activities. The Mexican driver has more than 5 million followers on Instagram.
5. Lando Norris – Norris has around 6 million followers on Instagram. The McLaren driver belongs to one of the wealthiest families in Great Britain and was pretty popular even before he made it to F1. Norris is considered to be one of the brightest prospects in the sport.
4. Carlos Sainz – Sainz has over 6 million followers on Instagram. The Ferrari man is one of the most well-recognised drivers in F1. Sainz is pretty active on social media and has built a huge follower base over time.
3. Max Verstappen – The reigning F1 World Champion ranks third in this list. Verstappen has over 9.5 million followers on Instagram and has a fanbase spread across the globe. Verstappen is currently dominating the F1 circuit, and it is no surprise that his popularity is growing at a very rapid pace.
2. Charles Leclerc – Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc has close to 10 million followers on Instagram. The youngster is loved by fans both for his performances on the track and his cute appearance. Leclerc is often considered as the most handsome F1 driver at present.
1.Lewis Hamilton – The seven-time F1 World Champion is by far the most popular driver in the history of the sport. The British icon has more than 31 million followers on Instagram, which is about 21 million more than second-placed Leclerc. Hamilton’s rise from a lower middle-class family to the top of motorsports is a story to behold. Hamilton is a legend of the sport, and he is often considered synonymous with Formula One. Hamilton is also well-known for his charity work and fans across the globe absolutely love him.
More Formula One News
- Lewis Hamilton doesn’t support IOC’s decision on Black Lives Matter gear during Olympics
- Max Verstappen left surprised as he reaches 100 race milestone with Red Bull
- Damon Hill left in awe after Lewis Hamilton racks up 100 poles in F1 ahead of 2021 Spanish GP
Follow our dedicated Formula One page for instant Formula One news and updates